I am looking forward to hiking on Lawn Lake Trail this year. Hiking is one of my favorite hobbies, most of the biggest achievements have happened in Rocky Mountain National Park. According to the AllTrails app, it’s a 13-mile, hard rated, out and back trail and it will be the toughest hike my boyfriend and I tackled yet! We’re planning on hiking it this Summer, as to avoid any potential snow threats; we don’t care to trek through ice and snow.
My favorite thing about hiking is that when it gets tough, I dig further to find the strength to continue. It’s so amazing how it connects to the other parts of my life: being a self-starter, learning code, pushing myself past my comfort zone. As a result, it helps me everywhere in my life.
Preparing for the Hike
- Being able to walk the distance easily here in Kansas City
- Maintaining a Keto/Primal lifestyle
- HIIT workouts 1-2 times per week
- Strength training 1-2 times per week
- Yoga 1-2 times per week
- A foam roller workout as needed
- Walking everyday with Greta, my German Shepherd
The Few Days Prior to the Hike
- Get acclimated to altitude, so no big hikes but a lot of easy to moderate rated ones
- Drink a lot of water and get rest
- Save the toughest hike for the last day of the trip
I’d love to hear from you! Do you enjoy hiking and want to share your favorite trail? Contact me today or add a comment below.
Hiking Trails I’ve Completed Near Lawn Lake Trail